Friday, December 28, 2007

Writing...

“Being a writer is a very peculiar sort of a job: it’s always you versus a blank sheet of paper [or a blank screen] and quite often the blank piece of paper wins.” - Neil Gaiman
If that ain't the truth. I'm trying to write for two reasons, namely that I feel a compulsion to write and get things out onto paper/screen, and partly because it's a less painful way of making money than working fast food. I've sold articles before, I just... I don't know. I don't know what to write or where to send it. I don't feel like anything in my life is worth writing about, not enough that someone would pay me for it. I don't... what? I don't know. I feel like I've got a clog in between my heart and my fingers and the things I should say won't come out.

Sigh.

2 comments:

Lester said...

Hey Circe

Isn't it great when you write something you know is good, and when you read it/speak it and everyone hears it, everyone agrees that its good. That's great. Especially your Paris scene, That space that broke the paragraphs created an element of timing (for me) which was good.

As for writing, I write about what inspires me, what inspires me is what I do the most as well as everyday life (which is someting I do the most.)

Sometimes there's a blank page/screen even though i kno what to write, well because I become critical of it and I can hear how it'll come out and I might not like it that way. Know what I mean?

Well, later Circe.

Circe said...

I know EXACTLY what you mean... which is the problem right now. I'm glad someone else understands! :)